I need your help with something. I set a goal, quite some time back, of reaching 100 subscribers. As you can see if you look near the top left corner of this page, I've reached that goal. I was talking about this fact with my wife last night, and she asked me what my next goal would be. I had already thought about this, of course, so it didn't take me long to answer: 500 subscribers.
Now here comes the part where I need your help: She told me that she wanted that as an anniversary present. My anniversary is November 20th, or less than two months away. My subscriber count HAS nearly quintupled over the last six weeks, going from around 22 to, as of last time I looked, 104. If I continued that trend, I WOULD be able to give my wife the present she asked for.
On the other hand, increasing my subscribers by 82 over 6 weeks is a very different thing than increasing it by 396, even if the percentages are similar. The only way I can think of to reach that count is if I get linked by bigger bloggers. So, this is where I need help: If you are one of the bigger bloggers I link to in this article, and you check your links, if you find something of interest on my site (and I'll provide a choice or two I think might interest you), please help me and link to it.
If you are one of my normal readers, and have a blog of your own, I would appreciate any link from you, as well… any link can bring readers, who can then become subscribers if they so choose. Or, if you happen to be reading this and know someone who might be interested in linking to my content to help me give my wife her present, let them know. I know I'm unlikely to send enough traffic to any of these links to get the attention of a blog of any size, so I'm hoping they watch who links to them, and if not, that we can contact them by other means and get them to participate.
Okay, so all of that out of the way, here are some of the bloggers that I read, that have higher (mostly a LOT higher) traffic and subscriber count, and whom might be interested in content on this site:
- ProBlogger - I read ProBlogger's content every day on how to improve your blog. I have a feeling he might be interested in How To Get 17158 Page Views for ProBlogger, or possibly The Eyes Of A Photographer for Digital Photography School.
- Steve Pavlina – Steve Pavlina is the one who got me started with blogging, and I still read his stuff every time he puts it out. He might be interested in Believe It Or Not, Your Beliefs Affect The Physical World or Which One Runs Your Life – Love Or Fear?.
- Henrik at The Positivity Blog – Henrik is a good blogger… I really like his articles and his writing style. He might be interested in The Truth Behind Falling – And Being – In Love, The Difference Between Intelligence And Education, or 8 Ways To Put Procrastination Off Until Tomorrow.
- John Place – I've been reading John's stuff since I first got started blogging. He started at about the same time as me, just a month earlier, but has already gotten over 1,600 subscribers. He might be interested in How To Reclaim Your Life From Marketers, The Difference Between Intelligence And Education, or A Potentially Fatal Mistake.
- LifeHack.org and LifeHacker.com – Two of the biggest blogs when it comes to the self-improvement niche… they also have a lot of tech content. They might be interested in How To Reclaim Your Life From Marketers or 8 Ways To Put Procrastination Off Until Tomorrow.
- Peter at I Will Change Your Life – A blog smaller than the ones above, but growing rapidly… he recently reached the goal I'm working toward, 500 subscribers. He might be interested in The Truth Behind Falling – And Being – In Love or A Potentially Fatal Mistake.
This request is by no means limited to the people listed above… as I said above, if you know someone else who might be interested in my content, and willing to help me out, please feel free to contact them and give them the address of this website in general or this article in particular… in fact, here is a link that you can copy and paste for this article, in case you would like to pass it along: I Need Your Help at A Miracle A Day.
So… sorry to call in the good will of my readers, but I really do need help in order to give my wife the anniversary present she asked for, which, of course, I walked blindly into. Oh, and to any bloggers who read this, whether mentioned above or not, if you were to pass along this request, that would be much appreciated.